Welcome Back to Public House
Our Most Distinguished Guests,
In light of the recent COVID-19 concerns and as we welcome you back, Public House Brewing Company has adopted more stringent policies in regard to the way we will proceed in serving our valued guests as we reopen on Wed., May 6, 2020. As always, our guests’ health and satisfaction, as well as our employees, is our number one goal on a daily basis. This will always be the case. To ensure that we are doing our part in complying with CDC recommendations, Phelps County Health Department’s ordinances, the State of Missouri’s mandates, and, in some cases going above what is recommended, we are installing the following measures until further notice:
- Public House Brewery is now a self-serve restaurant and bar. Please approach the designated area at either the inside bar or the outside bar for ordering. Please adhere to the designated markers to practice safe social distancing of 6 feet or more. When your order is ready, you will be paged to pick-up your order at the bar.
- We will only allow parties of 8 guests or less at the same table, in accordance with the policies set forth by the Phelps County Commissioner’s Office.
- We have limited seating due to the occupancy ordinances set forth. All tables are distanced at least 6 feet apart. This being stated, the amount of seats inside the St. James Taproom and in The Gardens is the allotted total and cannot be added to or changed. Outside chairs remain outside and the same is true for inside chairs.
- If on a wait or all seats are filled, we please ask that you give the manager your telephone number, wait in your vehicle, and we will text you when seating is available. Congregating in the lobby and/or outside our front door is strictly prohibited.
- Public House Brewing Company, for our guests’ and employee’s safety, has gone to a limited, posted menus at both designated inside and outside ordering windows.
- We offer only compostable silverware, napkins, condiments, and paper plate ware.
- All drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, will be served in plastic cups till further notice.
- Every hour on the hour we as a staff will sanitize all high touch objects and surfaces (door handles, faucet handles, menus, etc.).
- As always, handwashing procedures per the Phelps County Health Department will be followed consistently.
- All staff is required to wear masks and gloves.
- We will be taking all employee’s temperatures at the beginning of each shift.
- We will not be refilling growlers that have been brought into the establishment, only new growlers.
- We have new hours of operation listed below.
- We are also available for online ordering through ChowNow, which is an app-based ordering system. You can download the ChowNow app on your phone today for curbside or carryout or feel free to reach us at one of the following numbers.
- Rolla Pickup – Call 573-426-2337
- St James Pickup or Delivery – Call 573-261-3333
Thank you, always, for your continued patronage to our fair business and please stay patient with us as we navigate through this unprecedented period of time. We believe that, if we stay the course and work as a team, we can provide a safe experience for our guests. With your health and safety as a top priority, we’re continuing to adapt to the recommendation of the CDC and other health organizations. Our goal is to maintain an environment that exceeds the health and experience expectations of our guests and staff. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Hours of Operation
ST JAMES TAPROOM & THE GARDENS HOURS
Kitchen Closes Daily from 3 – 4 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. kitchen open until 8 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. kitchen open until 8 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. kitchen open until 10 p.m.
ROLLA R&D BREWPUB HOURS
Monday – Thursday 3 – 9 p.m. kitchen open until 9 p.m.
Friday 3 – 11 p.m. kitchen open until 10 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. kitchen open until 10 p.m.